We collect information from you on this Site to provide a meaningful, safe, efficient, and customized experience. We use this information to:
- • make it easier for you to use this Site,
- • communicate with you about your orders, billing and payment,
- • verify your identity when you make a purchase on our Site,
- • help you more quickly find information on Joy’s products and services,
- • provide targeted online marketing for the Site,
- • create content on this Site that’s more relevant to you, and
- • alert you to new products, services and special offers that might specifically interest you.
a. When You Join the Joy Community. In order to join Joy you must choose a username and password. Your username may be visible to other members of the Joy community when they visit the Site, so please choose carefully. You also must provide a valid email address and your date of birth. We use your email to communicate with you about our Site and your registration. We ask for your date of birth to make sure you’re old enough to use our Site and Services.
If you provide us your email address but choose not to become a member, then we will retain your email address for a period to invite you back to the Site.
b. When You Order from Us. If you purchase Services or a Joy Album from us, you must provide your: name, shipping address, billing address, and credit card information. We use this information, along with your email, for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, and to communicate with you about your orders.
We collect your credit card information through our Site. The credit card information is encrypted, and transmitted for storage to a high security vault according to strict industry standards. Please do not send your credit card information to our team directly, for example by emailing this information to our customer support department. Please use our secure, online system to enter your credit card information.
c. When You Request Information from Us. If you want us to notify you regarding special offers, or if you sign up for our emails, you’ll need to give us your email address. We use it to honor your requests for information about special offers and emails.
d. When You Post Public Content on other Sites. We may collect information you post publicly on third-party sites, but only if you choose to follow instructions we provide. For example, we may collect pictures you post publicly on Instagram and re-post them on our Site.
e. When You Share Information about Your Contacts. You may choose to share personal information about friends, relatives or colleagues with Joy, such as the person’s name, shipping address and email address.
You may choose to manually invite your friends to Joy by using the “Share With” button on the Site or by uploading data about your contacts to the Site. You also may grant Joy permission to access your contacts list and pull the mobile phone numbers and email addresses of your contacts to invite them to the Site.
f. When You Connect to Us with a Third-Party Service. You can connect to your Joy account using external third-party services. The Site collects personal information about you from your social media accounts, but only if you opt-in and permit us to do so. When you connect to us through a third-party service like Google, Facebook and Instagram, we receive information from that third party identifying your account. We collect and store this information and use it to help you connect to our Site and to share your public content. Connecting your Joy account to a third-party service is completely optional, and you will have the opportunity to grant permission when you attempt to connect. You can revoke permission by logging into the third party service and disconnecting the Joy application from there. We may retain the information we collected previously from you.
g. When You Upload A Profile Picture. You have the ability to personalise your profile on your Joy Account with the use of your own Profile Picture. The Profile Picture can be seen by anyone you are connected with inside your Groups, Connections or Albums. We do not share your Profile Picture with any 3rd parties outside of any parties disclosed in “HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE, clause 2”.
a. Log Files. Like most sites, Joy automatically receives and stores in log files certain information from your browser when you visit the Site. This information includes your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, Internet service provider, the referring/exit pages, your operating system, and the date/time stamp of your Site visit. We use this information, which doesn’t identify individual Site visitors, to analyze and understand how the Site works for you so we can improve it, to administer the Site, and to gather demographic information about Site visitors for targeted online marketing purposes. We may link this automatically collected information to your personal information.
b. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Please review our Cookie and Tracking Policy, below.
d. Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit the Site. This information includes your IP address, device ID, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring site address.
If you’re not a Joy member but we contacted you, then we may have received your contact information from one of your friends. A Joy member may give us your name and email address so Joy can send a personalized invitation to you to join Joy. We also may send you personalized email ‘reminders’ about Joy from your friends. Similarly, a Joy member may provide your personal information to us so we can ship a gift or other merchandise to you. We ask your contacts to share your personal information only with your permission.
Information we collect from you may be either personal or aggregate. Personal information is identifiable to you, like your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses, credit card information, and phone number. Aggregate information is summary data of the behaviors and interests of groups or categories, so it won’t identify you.
1. Aggregate Information. We use aggregate information for the purposes of internal business research, sales and business development and reporting back to our brand partners. We may share aggregated information about our visitor and user base with third parties such as our advertising partners. This information may include the number of daily visitors to our Site and the number of orders placed on a certain date. We do not aggregate data with our members’ personal information.
2. Personal Information. We do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except in these limited circumstances:
a. Disclosures to Joy Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties. Like most Internet businesses, we use third parties to help ensure our business runs smoothly. We disclose your information to these third-party companies so they can perform their specific functions for us. For example, we may provide your name, shipping address, email and phone number to third-party shippers like the U.S. Postal Service and the United Parcel Service to deliver our Joy Album to you. We also may provide your credit card information to third-party credit card processors and issuers to help us process your orders from us. When we employ other companies to perform functions of this nature, we only disclose the information that they need to perform their requested function. We do not authorize them to retain, share, store, or use personal information provided by us for any other purpose.
b. Disclosures Required by Law or Otherwise. We may disclose your personal information if we believe, in good faith, that it’s necessary to: (1) comply with a legal obligation such as in response to a court order or subpoena; (2) protect the safety of fellow members or the public; (3) protect against legal liability; or (4) protect and defend Joy’s rights or property.
d. Disclosures through Social Media. Remember that you control the privacy settings on each of your social media platforms. We allow you to share information from the Site to social media. In order for this to happen you first must opt-in. You can revoke permission to do this by logging into the social media service and disconnecting the Joy application from there.
1. Log Into Your Account. You can change the personal information you provide to us and remove any content you post publicly on our Site, including reviews, looks and videos, by logging into your Joy account and making the appropriate changes.
3. Opt-Out. You can always “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes. At your request, we will stop sending you certain emails or even deactivate your account to prevent any future purchases through it. You can submit these requests at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Block Cookies and Targeted Advertising. You can prevent Joy and its third-party partners from setting and accessing cookies on your computer by setting your Internet browser to block cookies. You also may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out here: aboutads.info/choices/
Our Site does not act on “do not track” request headers, but you can still limit tracking by taking these steps.
5. Cancel Your Subscription or Deactivate Your Account. You may cancel your Glam Bag subscription by logging into your account, clicking on “My Account” and choosing “cancel subscription” under “Subscription Details.” You may deactivate your Joy account by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line: “Account Deactivation Request.”
We use technical, physical and administrative safeguards to secure your data. Online, we encrypt your personal information using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”). SSL allows for a private, reliable Site connection where your identity is authenticated with cryptography. Offline, we restrict access to your personal information to only those Joy employees who need it to perform a specific job function. And we require all Joy employees with access to your personal information to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling. We also hold our vendors who need access to your personal information to strict confidentiality requirements. Third-party service providers assist us with the physical security of some of our computer hardware. When you visit our Site, you access servers that we backup constantly. Our servers are hosted at locations which are private and secure data center facilities, behind physical and virtual firewalls.
But please remember, while we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we can’t guarantee absolute security. We wish we could, but 100% security just doesn’t exist anywhere online or off.
Joy will retain your information as long as we deem necessary. If you no longer want Joy to use your information to provide you Services, you may close your account. If you close your account then your profile and the content you posted to the Site will no longer appear on the Site.
You may inform us of any changes or requests in regards to your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under local data protection law, we will use all reasonable means to update or delete your personal data accordingly. Please email Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should not expect that all of your information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your request. Joy will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We use a variety of technologies to help us understand how you use the Site and the Services. This section explains the tracking technologies Joy uses and is part of our commitment to a high standard of transparency in our privacy practices.
- • Cookies. This is a small data file sent from a server to your web browser that is stored in your browser and sent back to the server each time the browser makes a request to the server. Cookies can improve a site user’s experience by, for example, allowing the site to keep a user logged in while browsing, saving a user’s site preferences, and allowing a user to add items to a shopping cart and preserve cart contents between site visits, even when the user is not logged in.
- • Clear gifs, web beacons, tracking pixels. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier. They function similarly to cookies and are used to track the online movements of web users. Unlike cookies which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded on web pages and are a single pixel wide. Joy does not tie information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information.
- • Single-session tracking technology: lasts only as long as your site visit. Single-session cookies expire and delete themselves when you leave the site or close your browser. They are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through a site or generating aggregated statistics about how a site is used. Single-session cookies do not publicly expose your personal information.
- • Multi-session or persistent tracking technology: remains on your browser or mobile device until you choose to delete it or the cookie expires. Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited a site. This can improve the user’s experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits and by allowing users to login without entering a password with every site visit.
We use tracking technologies for these general purposes:
- • Because it is strictly necessary. This tracking is needed to make the Software and Services work properly.
- • For performance. This tracking helps Joy understand how the Site is functioning so Joy can improve the Site.
- • For functionality. This tracking retains your personal preferences as you use the Site.
- • For advertising. This tracking gathers data to help deliver advertising to you that interests you.
- • Single session cookies are used to ensure the Site displays correctly on your device.
- • Persistent cookies are used to measure Site metrics such as which pages are popular, how often people visit the Site, whether people are visiting the Site for the first time, and whether visitors make purchases on the Site. They also are used to enhance Site functionality.
Cookies for email subscribers
Third Party Cookies
Joy partners with third party service providers who set cookies and tracking pixels for Site visitors and members on our behalf in order to deliver their services. These services include targeted online marketing and analysis of data collected through cookies. These technologies allow a partner to recognize your computer or mobile device each time you visit joy.co or other sites that also utilize the third party’s services, but do not allow access to personally identifiable information from Joy.
Third parties may choose to include Joy widgets on their sites. When you load a site that has chosen to include our widgets, we receive analytics information through a cookie that may be used to enhance our data or to improve our services.
Joy does not have access to or control over these third party technologies, and they are not covered by our Cookie and Tracking Policy.
You can delete cookies stored in your browser at any time. You also can choose not to accept cookies from any site, including joy.co, by changing the settings of your browser. If you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, then you will not be able to fully use the Services.
Joy does not currently act on “do not track” request headers.